Sunday, April 10, 2011

NFS Shift vs. Shift 2: Unleashed



Hey everyone! It has been a really busy month and I haven't paid any attention to my blog. Sad, because I've lost some followers too. Altrought I haven't touched my blog in weeks, I was still trying out some new, fresh games on PC like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Shift 2: Unleashed and Crysis 2.
Anyway, I finnaly decided to upload a new video and I had an idea about Shift and Shift 2 comparison. Playing Shift 2 itself, I didn't find it interesting at all. It's almost the same as the first game, but only with worse controls, interface and graphics. In the video, Shift 2 looks nice, because all the low resolution textures are greatly zoomed out, but in the game they look ugly. The game itself looks crap and I was expecting so much more from it. I was hoping for more simulation style of gameplay, but instead we got almost the same game experience, only worse. The only thing they added to this "new" game is a view from drivers helmet. Some people find it fun and realistic, but for - annoying. So all in all Shift 2 feels like a game that could have used a few more months of development. It feels bad, it plays bad and it needs some more work.

20 comments:

  1. Nice video, we can clearly see the difference

    ReplyDelete
  2. kind of neat, but first persons bug me because they cant account for eye glance.,

    ReplyDelete
  3. gran turismo is still the best sim...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judging by the video, I would say, that Shift 2 looks more realistic, which is a + in my book, BUT, I didn't see any in-car shadows. wtf?
    Anyway, I'm more of a arcade driving game guy, so Shift doesn't really interest me as a game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shift 2 is more precise and more difficult for me, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assassin's Creed is probably one of my favourite games ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well this video shows that shift 1 looks way better anyway it's maybe just by that video .. it's almost the same +followed

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice video :) haven't tried any of the games yet tough

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lost a follower last night. I hate to admit it it but I couldn't get to sleep thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The graphics look a little bit more dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The difference is quite clear.. never thought about that

    ReplyDelete
  12. for me, graphics looks like the same.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always thought grid was far superior to shift. Never played them though so I guess that's that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never been all that into racing games anyway...

    ReplyDelete